Formula for calculating power requirements
− Number of hits generated by test = Nb_VUs / Average Processing Time per page * 20
− Memory. recommended = 300 MB + Nb_VUs*150Kb
Example: A test of 2000 users with an average processing time of 30 seconds between each page
- Hits/s = 2000/30*20, which equals 1333 hits/s
- Memory = 300 MB + 2000 * 150 Kb, which equals 600 MB
- Recommended injector: P4 2.4 GHz + 1 Gig of Ram
- 2 network cards, one for the control console, the other for the injector, in order to avoid possible conflicts.
- No HUB; always connect the different machines with a Switch in Full Duplex mode. A Hub generates considerable network collisions, which has a significant impact on the performance of application to be tested.