The contents of this page are only valid if the recording mode is not "Integrated into IE".
AgileLoad Script Editor lets you create Scripts by rerouting the HTTP/S traffic that passes between a browser and web servers through the AgileLoad proxy and recording the intercepted data. The AgileLoad proxy achieves this by temporarily overriding the Local Area Network (LAN), settings that are specified in your browser when you begin recording a Script. The browser's proxy server settings are temporarily modified in order to force it to use a proxy server when the browser is launched. This override directs the browser's internet connection through the AgileLoad proxy which functions as the specified proxy server.
The AgileLoad proxy listens for browser requests then forwards them to the target web server, or to another proxy server if your browser normally has one defined, and then on to the web server. When you start recording a script, your web browser is launched and the AgileLoad proxy records the HTTP/S requests along with the web server responses to your browser.
Check Internet Explorer LAN proxy server settings configured to capture through AgileLoad
Launch Internet Explorer and select Tools>Internet Options>Connections>LAN Settings.
- The screen shot below shows the proxy server settings for a Local Area Network connection in Internet Explorer:
- Note: AgileLoad Script Editor cannot establish an internet connection if the Proxy server settings include Automatically detect settings or Use automatic configuration script.
- To overcome this difficulty you can either disable the use of all proxy servers or manually enter the name and port of the proxy server. You may need to see your system administrator for this information.
- Note: The Address and Port details will vary according to your network configuration and the Internet Service Provider you use.
Check Internet Explorer Dial up connection proxy server settings configured to capture through AgileLoad
A dial up internet connection setup involves establishing a connection within AgileLoad Script Editor when you begin an HTTP/S recording session and the browser is launched. Besides entering your dial up settings, including user name and password, you must manually change the proxy server settings. AgileLoad Script Editor only automates the configuration of the proxy server settings for a LAN connection. You need to select to use a proxy server to direct your internet connection through the AgileLoad proxy.
- Launch Internet Explorer and select Tools>Internet Options>Connections>Settings.
- The screen shot below shows the proxy settings for a dial up connection:
- In the Settings dialog box, click the Use a proxy server check box, enter the Address (your computer name) and Port details (port no. 81).
- Enter your details as usual, then click OK to connect.
Copyright © AgileLoad. All rights reserved.