Select and Resolve a Session ID
Because a different session ID value will be associated to a user each time the user connects to the web application, a AgileLoad script containing session IDs cannot be replayed just as is. The static values of the different session IDs written in the script during recording must be replaced by variables. The new session ID values must be dynamically assigned to those variables.
Two kinds of session IDs can be managed with AgileLoad:
Steps to follow
- Select an HTTP request that contains a session ID in the script and click the "Manage Session Identifiers" icon.
The following dialog box will open.
- If the session ID is a URL path folder, select it from the "Folder" drop-down list,
if the session ID is a form variable, select it from the "Form" drop-down list,
if the session ID is a non-form variable, select it from the "Other" drop-down list.
The selected session identifier is highlighted in the script.
- Click "Find next" to browse the HTTP requests that contain the selected session ID.
Click "Replace" for a step by step management of the session ID. The current selected HTTP request is modified and the next HTTP request containing the same session ID is selected in the script.
Click "Replace All" to manage all the requests that contain the selected session ID.
Session Identifier Manager Actions
When AgileLoad Script Editor manages session identifiers, it:
- Tries to locate the origin of the session identifier, i.e in which HTTP request's response it is contained. If the origin is found, it adds the necessary parsing functions to the relevant HTTP request in order to load the session ID value in a variable.
- Replaces the session ID value with the variable.
Unresolved Session Identifiers
Select some entries in the list and click "OK". The selected session identifiers are replaced by constants in the HTTP requests. The constants are initialized with the original value of the session identifiers. Non selected HTTP requests will not be modified.
Click "Skip" to avoid modifying the HTTP requests listed.
The Session ID Manager section
The session ID manager section provides a list of all the session ID values that have been replaced by variables.
The list has 3 columns:
- Request Id: The HTTP request identifier in which the session ID has been replaced by a variable.
- Message: A message describing the modifications applied to the HTTP request (name of the variable that is used to replace the original session ID).
- Parent Request Id: The HTTP request identifier in which a parsing function has been added in order to fill the variable with the session ID.
Click the "Clear List" button, located on the upper right side of the Session ID Manager section to remove all the entries from the list.
Locate the Modified HTTP Request
Double-click on a line or select the "Goto Request" entry from the contextual menu; it highlights the corresponding HTTP request in the script.
Locate the HTTP Request Containing the Original Session ID Value
1. The parent request has been found:
If the "Parent Request Id" column contains a value, select the "Goto Parent" entry from the contextual menu; it highlights the HTTP request from which the session ID is extracted.
2. The parent request has not been found:
The "Find in HTTP" dialog is opened and contains the session ID value to search.
Click "OK". The HTTP requests are listed in the Find In HTTP tab.
Copyright © AgileLoad. All rights reserved.