SNMP Server Scan
Use the Server Scan command to identify all servers currently running an SNMP agent within a defined IP address range. An SNMP agent is a program that binds to a port and awaits requests from SNMP management software.
To scan the SNMP agents running, select the ‘Server scan’ icon. The SNMP Server Scan dialog box will open, which displays a list of SNMP Servers (Host:Port list) that can be filled either automatically or manually:
- Automatic scan:
- Select an IP range in the Start IP and End IP edit boxes.
- Select a Port number (default 161) or an Port Range.
- Press the "Scan" button.
All hosts on which an SNMP agent is running are inserted in the Host:Port list.
- Manual insert: To manually insert a new entry in the Host:Port list:
- Double-click an empty line
- Select "Add" from the contextual menu
- Press the "Ctrl+N" keys.
Enter a Host:port value (i.e. 10.1.3.1:161) and press "Enter" to validate. If no SNMP agent runs on the specified Host:Port, the entry is removed from the list.
Host:Port List entries can be edited (by double-clicking on the line) and deleted (selecting the "Delete" contextual menu option or pressing the "Del" key.)
Copyright © AgileLoad. All rights reserved.